Sunday, October 23, 2016

New....Indian head dress....


I started this mixed media piece by putting the first layers down on the background (actually there were several layers).  I had the idea of an indian head dress floating around my mind for quite awhile, so I did a sketch first to get it clearer in my mind.  I then just 'went' with the colours of pink, red, oranges and aqua for the feathers....nothing was really planned, I just plodded along.  At one point I was really not 'feeling' it, and wanted to just paint over it!  However, I perservered and here is the finished product!  I ended up making its matching 'pair' that can be hung together or solo.  They are both created with acrylic paints, paper, beads, stencils and ink.


Above: Here they are together....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message....