Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Something new....

Good afternoon everyone....
Well this latest piece Ive created (30 x 24 inch acrylics on canvas), is one that ended completely different than what I had imagined it to be!  It also looks tremendously more vibrant in the flesh also, rather than in a photo.  The first layer was simply putting paint on canvas, with splashes of colour randomly placed on the canvas.  Next came dripping and stencils.  Then I left it for a little while, and came back to it, and it sort of morphed into this.  Part of me is still not sure of it (I think thats because I had envisioned something quite different), but part of me loves it!!  What do you think?



7 comments:

  1. I love the colors how do you keep them so bright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim - Thank you! They are just artists quality acrylic paints, and I varnish them when I am finished. x

      Delete
  2. Is this the Julie Ryder that was published in Cultural Threads? I had some questions on your art work that was published in the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No - thats not me! She lives in my home town, so there is often confusion with our names and the fact we are both artists!! She is textiles artist (I think) where as I am a mixed media artist. xx

      Delete
  3. Is this the Julie Ryder that was published in Cultural Threads? I had some questions on your art work that was published in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I am just now seeing your work and I love it. Are you on you tube by any chance with how to videos? Also, do you have a store on Etsy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret - thank you for your kind comments regarding my artwork! I have a couple of very old Youtube videos from a few years back, but they are very basic! I do have an Etsy store, but I don't sell much through there (mainly my watercolour prints). If you would like to see what mixed media works I have for sale, I have Art For Sale on my website. http://juliemryder01.wixsite.com/julie-ryder-art/art-for-sale https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/JulieRyderMixedMedia https://www.facebook.com/JulieRydermixedmedia/
      Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and give me feedback about my art! Cheers Julie :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a message....